- It is not contaminated with herbicides, sweeteners, enhancers, or other chemicals. An organic farm is allowed to use the least harmful types of pesticides (e.g., the British certifier has approved four of them). Given the fact that non-organic farming allows for more than 300 types of pesticides, their harmful residues are commonly found in conventional foods. Besides, a common organic industry employs food additives (so-called human health-friendly and technologically required additives)
- Biodynamic food production standards do not allow the use of any genetically modified organisms or their ingredients.
- Biodynamic products are more energetic, since man-produced, with love and devotion
- The products are healthy and have a gentle and delicate flavour. Composition of products grown in a biodynamic farm is also different in terms of nutrients: more proteins and vitamins, essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, chromium, and antioxidants that fight cancer. Our receptors, for a long time exposed to poor foods with strong additives (sweeteners, flavour enhancers, various sauces), loose the capability of distinguishing high quality food from poor one. Nevertheless, our body feels the difference and, after a certain time, “warns” us through diseases. A longer consumption of products solely from a biodynamic farm will help you to sense much richer, but not so sharp, taste and smell.
- By virtue to biodynamic farming, we protect nature and the environment, reduce environmental pollution, maintain biodiversity, do not impoverish the soil; we are more friendly to plants, insects, and animals around, release less carbon dioxide, decrease water pollution, and leave less garbage behind. We use the least polluting packaging and plan the production with the maximal use of local resources.
- By fostering biodynamic farming traditions, we care for animals. The standards of biodynamic farming draw special attention to the welfare of farmed animals, thus, ensuring a high food quality.
- We farm and, thus, restore soil fertility: A biodynamic farm complies with crop rotation requirements, whereby field plants “rotate”, i.e., the same species of plants return to the same field not oftener than every four years. Further, we pick the best suitable “neighbour” for each species of vegetables. Such methods prevent soil impoverishment, protect vegetables against weeds, pests, and diseases much more effectively.
- You will get your biodynamic foods from the reliable sources. Biodynamic farm certification procedures are expensive, time-consuming, and more quite complicated than the ones of organic farms. Therefore, such a farm strictly adheres to applicable standards and the status acquired.
- Biodynamic production imposes no additional hidden costs to society. E.g., taxpayers keep paying for the removal of chemicals from drinking water, which is mostly contaminated through the use of pesticides by farmers.
- “Ilzenbergas” Farm which practices biodynamic principles promotes a healthy and active lifestyle which is beneficial to society and makes a life of farmers more meaningful.
- Spring cucumbers Spring cucumbers
- Baking several varieties of bread Baking several varieties of bread
- Cows milking in the meadows Cows milking in the meadows
- Total freedom for sheep Total freedom for sheep
View the embedded image gallery online at: